Bolton Triathlon Long Distance
Coaching Weekend (June)
9 – 11 June 2017
Cost – £99
Only 16 places available
The aim of the weekend will be to provide you with
- Advice, tips and local insights on the key technical aspects of the course
- Preparation advice to allow you to arrive at the start line stress-free
- Supervised swim course familiarisation and open water tips on the course at Pennington Flash
- Familiarisation of T1 entry, layout, and exit, including mount line and what to expect
- Technical guidance as we ride a loop of the bike course section-by-section
- Familiarisation of T2 entry, layout and exit, including dismount
- A guided run of the marathon course with technical advice at key points (10 miles at a pace to suit everyone), arriving at the finish line
- Advice for the best spectator spots for family and loved ones
- Nutritional advice for before, during and after the event
Also included in the weekend will be
- Q&A workshops – covering in detail each aspect of the swim, bike and run
- Membership card to Pennington Flash
- A free bike check from our own professional & experienced mechanic
- Support vehicles on the cycle route
- The opportunity to ask all your questions of qualified coaches and experienced triathletes who know every detail of the UK event
The whole weekend will be about giving you the confidence, support and coaching, so that you can cross the finish line with a big smile and a massive sense of achievement.
How do I know if I’m ready for this, or if I’ll be pushed enough?
Throughout the weekend there will be opportunities to discuss your individual needs, so that all levels of ability are coached effectively. The aim is that everyone has an enjoyable, productive weekend and leaves feeling confident and prepared for the big day.
Where is the weekend being held?
Our bases for the weekend are Bolton Arena (a stone’s throw from T2) and David Lloyd Bolton (BL1 4AL) which is on the run course.
If I’m travelling from a distance, where can I stay?
For those wishing to stay overnight in Bolton, we have reserved rooms for you at Premier Inn which is within walking distance of Bolton Arena. The cost is £106 for a twin room for two nights excluding breakfast. If you wish to share a room, the cost will be £53 for two nights excluding breakfast. Please indicate in the reply box below if you wish to share a room.
Premier Inn (Stadium/Arena) 3 Arena Approach, Horwich, Bolton BL6 6LB. There is plenty of free car parking at the hotel and around the wider area.
The nearest station is Bolton Horwich Parkway station which is 100 m from Bolton Arena and close to Premier Inn. Transport information can be found at www.tfgm.com
7.00 pm – 8.00 pm – Welcome and Introduction at David Lloyd Bolton
8.00 pm – 9.00 pm – Race Day preparation
8.00 am – 9.30 am – Pennington Flash swim with coaching and advice
10.00 am – 11.00 – T2 Familiarisation with Q and A
11.30 am – 12.30 pm – Nutritional advice – before, during and after the event and the importance of recovery. This will be followed by Q and A.
12.30 pm – 1.30 pm – Lunch (not included)
1.30 pm – 2.30 pm – Bike check and breakdown advice
2.30 pm – 5.00 pm – Easy pace run from T3 for 10 – 14 miles of the course with transport back to hotel from David Lloyd Bolton.
8.00 am – 9.00 am –Bike briefing and Q and A
9.00 a.m. – 1.00 pm – Bike route with support vehicle
1.00 pm – Final Q and A session then Goodbye
If you’d like to sign up for this coaching weekend, simply use the contact form below to get in touch and we will respond with the next steps.